Monday, January 10, 2011
Pet Blogger Challenge today
1. When did you begin your blog? I began my blog on April 1, 2010 - the date I seriously began my search for the puppy who will hopefully become my next service dog.
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog? to journal my experiences with getting, raising and training my next puppy (service dog candidate) to the point of public access
3. Is your current purpose the same? no, not completely
If not, what’s different? I am still using this as a journal of our experiences but understand that it can also help others who are considering getting a puppy in hopes of training him/her as a service dog. I've also considered that there might be some articles here or possibly the beginnings of a book and/or training DVD.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you? I blog when I have something to talk about - so as the spirit moves me
If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it?
If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)?no, I'm not worried about losing traffic or momentum or anything else.
5. Are you generating income from your blog? no
If so, how (e.g. sponsor ads, affiliate relationships, spokesperson opportunities)?
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how? no, I haven't considered that possibility.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)? I like taking the time to review what is going on with Laurel, my service dog and Hardy, my now 9 month old service dog in training and then taking the time to reflect on things, describe where we are and where I'm hoping we're headed. I love having my blog, complete with photos, to look back at the past 7 months with my brown boy - our summer in Canada, our trips, his relationship with Laurel etc.
7. What do you like least? I don't like the gaps that have occurred during the holidays or when things were busy or not going well and I didn't have or take the time to write.
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2011? I anticipate that Hardy will achieve public access status during 2011 and plan to change the blog or create a new one to cover From Public Access to Full Service (Dog)